Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Little Burst of Sun!

It's cold here! We've had 3 days of near 90 degree weather here in the Ozarks and it didn't last long! Now we have 30s and a chance of snow! YIKES! 

I'm sharing some Sun to brighten your day! Well...a SUNBURST, that is. :) 

It seems like the Sunbursts are pretty hot right now in paper crafting world and thanks to one of my consultant buds I learned how to create them with ease.  I loved the tutorial she showed me but wanted to make a few changes to the steps so I just decided to make my own.  I'll be sharing that with you tomorrow so please come visit me then! 

In the mean time here is one of my newest Sunburst cards.  It might be a little more eclectic than my normal style but it's growing on me. 


This card was a special request for a graduation...she asked for Royal blue and gold-yellow.  I gathered small pieces of B&T from the Close to My Heart Tommy, Superhero, and For Always My Reflections Paper kits.  Yes, strange! :) 



I love how easy the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge makes whipping up a few flowers! Literally just a few minutes and you have an entire handful to play with! :) 

Add a few bling buttons and my ever trusty Shimmer Trim (Have I told you this fantastic stuff is adhesive backed?!) to give it some shine, a small stamped banner and you are Done! SO FAST and easy! 

I also Always Always Always "pretty" up the insides of my greeting cards! Why not add another starburst on the inside, right?! Just a little extra pizzazz. :) 
 


Join me tomorrow for a step by step tutorial on how I made this Sunburst card! Here is a sneak peek of another card I've created using the same steps, I'll share with you the entire thing after it's made it's debut on another blog. :) 


Thank you for joining me again! It is much appreciated!

Blessings, Sus

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great unsuspecting colour combo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brandy! It's kind of growing on me...slowly :)

    ReplyDelete